One day with TRU FUNK - interview with Chudy!





How was 2015 for you?



It was pretty good, but I had too long break in producing my own music, I’m definitely gonna change it in 2016 ; )



Tasty Beats Vol 10:Essential Selection N1 in Junodownload Can you tell us what your favourite thing is about the new compilation?



I like that Tasty Beats vol.10 contains 21 great tracks from producers from eleven different countries, my favourite tune from this compilation is DJ Axe - Breakbeat Junkies. This is a great track and a bit underrated.



How did this project get started?



Tasty Beats 10 is the last part of the Tasty Beats series. We wanted to remind the best tunes from tasty beats so we released this album, I am very happy to see this album in the first place on Juno.



Can you tell us about new project you will be working on 2016?


In 2016 I would like to release more of my original tunes than edits/bootlegs, in my new productions you will hear also nu disco and house stuff.

Imagine yourself walking into the studio; please may you talk me through a typical day? What are your habits?


I'm in the studio almost all the time because currently my room is also my studio. My days in the studio are not scheduled in any way, there is no routine or hours designated for making music. I need to have some inspiration, sometimes new ideas come up at 1AM and sometimes at 3PM, this is not regular. I don't have too many habits either, sometimes I like to smoke something, which brings me new ideas ; )



How do you go about choosing what software and plug-ins you use?

I use Logic X with plug-ins like Spectrasonics Trilian or Native Kontakt 5, to name just two.

What’s the one piece of DJ/production gear you can’t live without?


Recently I’ve started using Traktor Kontrol X1 while DJing and I think I may soon get too used to using it and may feel empty without it. As for music making, I need to have 49-key MIDI controller.



Any particular artists/dj’s/ producers that really influenced you?


I think it would take me the whole day to list them all… Definitely Michael Jackson and Nile Rodgers, when it comes to the legends. As for new artists, I get inspired and play a lot of music from Gramatik, The Noisy Freaks, Opolopo or Satin Jackets.  



How’s the Poland music scene in this moment?



I think that music scene in Poland is good, a lot of cool events with big world famous artists and Polish bands/producers/djs are also at a very high level, but unfortunately my favourite genres of music - Funk and Disco - are not so popular in Poland.



Often particular cities are linked to certain sounds and sub genres. Do you think living in Gdansk is reflected in your music?


I don’t think so. I was born in Gdansk and I really like living here, but I don’t think the city had any influence over my music taste or the fact that I decided to make music myself.



Chudy - "U Know It" Can you tell us what your favourite thing is about the new track?


The fact that from a relatively short sample I’ve managed to make four different beats in a 4-minute track. That’s what I really like about sampling: you can cut a few seconds, edit it and create a completely new track. 



LINKS:




Comments