Inside BB Awards 2016 - One day with FB Force - Interview

7th interview:BBA2016 -  Fb Force - Israel - Industrial Breakbeat
Interview with all artists nominated in the Breakbeat Awards 2016


LINK TO VOTE:

Breakbeat producer since 2000 
Resident of main true breakbeat/big beat/industrial music label - Criminal Tribe Records.


How was 2016 for you?

 - It was surprising year, I’ve mat a lot of new people and realised that is still a lot of a breakbeat genre fans is this world!)) . Also I have released a new EP called “Feedback Force” and is was quite a success on a Beatport charts, EP has reached the 3-rd place in a breaks releases and been there more than a week. 

Feedback Force
Can you tell us what your favourite thing is about your track?

 - My fav is actually a vocal track “Sequence of Bits” - just because it delivers a lot of emotions, Ido did a great job with a vocals that completely 100% connects with a music. Overall this EP brings a lot of heavy, industrial, metal sound that gives it unique sound among other stuff…

Can you tell us about new project you will be working on 2017?

 - Yep, I’ve started to compose a new material for a LP finally, looking forward to release this massive work in 2017! Actually it will be very diverse because I will bring in the ideas that I collect throgh the past years, LP really will include also a pure electronic tracks, guitar electronic punk stuff and of course a vocal collaborations!

Imagine yourself walking into the studio; please may you talk me through a typical day? What are your habits?

 - There is no thing I can call “typical”)) It is very experimental, sometimes I sit to play with some new synth or to test some plugin and that can bring a new ideas for a track, mostly I didn’t plan to write something, it comes kind of naturally… 

How do you go about choosing what software and plug-ins you use?

 - When I was younger, I tried almost every new plugin that come out) That made me a big mass, I was just get lost is a multiple variety of a ways to approach the sound… This also seriously overloaded my computer! But now I’m know that best for me, and just I like to pick one or two plugins and dig into them… Also I adore to explore the analog synths, it’s like the real sound anther you’r fingers!

What’s the one piece of DJ/production gear you can’t live without?

 - Distortion pedal, man!)

Any particular artists/dj’s/ producers that really influenced you?

 - A lot, I mean, studio albums is great but even more - soundtracks for some movies and computer games just blow my mind big time!
The Prodigy, The Crystal Method, Fear Factory, Adam Freeland, KMFDM, Anthony Rother, Ulver, Sonic Mayhem

How’s the music scene in this moment in your country?

 - Quite shitty) 

Often particular cities are linked to certain sounds and sub genres. Do you think living in your city is reflected in your music?

A last years I live in Israel, and the only cities that kind of apply a variety of genres is the major ones such as Haifa, Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, but still the main popular genre there is Trance and House music that has nothing familiar with my style…

Comments