Inside Young NRG Productions - Interview with DRKWTR

DRKWTR is a welcome sight on Young NRG’s radar screen.




Read the interview:

Could you please describe your current studio setup? 
Macbook and 2 Adam A7x's, Pioneer HDJ-1500 Headphones

How would describe your own production signature?
My signature is a focus on minor chords and emotive composition. I tend towards the darker sounds and decibels, with hints of uplifting vibes and peaceful sounds. I incorporate jazz, funk, breakbeat, techno, dnb, dubstep, trap, electro, calling on elements from each when is required.

Do you have any production heroes or a favourite piece of music that you aspire to?
I have too many heros to name. The Crystal Method, Plump DJ's, Netsky, Bonobo, Quantic, Tool, Metallica, Pink Floyd.. the list goes on and on.

How is your work day?
Generally starts with a coffee or a Red Bull. Facebook browse, check emails, update social media, check out new releases-- than I close everything and envelope myself in the creation process. I find that it helps greatly to remove anything that needs to be done at the back of your mind before hitting the creative process, otherwise there will always be something consistently getting in the way of the flow.

What is your best production at the time and that of all the times you've produced?
I don't have a best-- for me the best resides in the moment of creation. Living the moment is far better than remembering it.

When did you first get into electronic music?
Probably about 5 years ago now. I was a guitar player, singer and writer who happened to be at the right place at the right time listening to breakbeat for the first time. Took my breath away. I fell in love then.


Is there anyone you’re planning to work with next release?
BBK is a vocalist I've got lined up for my next project. I love collaborations though, so if any of you want to collab, hit me up on my Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/drkwtr

What is the one piece of equipment in your studio that is the most valuable to you?
My mind. Even when I'm not in the studio, I get crazy ideas that pour into my head. There is always something musical going on upstairs.

What portion of time do you spend collaborating as opposed to working on solo material?
It ranges a lot. I love collaborating to find new inspiration, or different ideas that I might not have thought of. I love being the solo driver though too sometimes- get lost in another world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


these two tracks gives us much to chew on.
We’re very excited about this one. It’s the liquid dreamy.
Pure power!

NRG 1457 
27 Sep 14 
Drum And Bass
Young NRG Productions








Comments