Inside BB Awards 2016 - One day with Dmoney- Interview

5th interview:BBA2016 -  Dmoney (New Orleans, Louisiana )
Interview with all artists nominated in the Breakbeat Awards 2016



LINK TO VOTE

Dmoney With his experience and knowledge of Spinning records he has now broke into the world of Producing Original Dmoney tracks established himself in the local scene in New Orleans and now has been getting known all over for his top charting breaks!. Dmoney has got a local residency every Sat at a New Orleans hotspot (Southshore Tavern) known for bringing in some big name Dj’s such as DocRoc, Magic Mike, Roonie G, Deekline, and Trashy are some of the Dj’s brought in. Just in the past year Dmoney has opened for headliners such as Stanton Warriors, Curtis B, Scratch D, Brad Smith, Dj Icey, Baby Anne, Lo IQ, Bro Safari, Sporty O, Styles and Complete, Thugli, and many more!!! Make sure if you see DMONEY on the next lineup in your town make sure to tell him DMONEY PASS THE BLUNT!!!!!! 

In the early years of Dmoney learning how to mix he was only 17 years old and when all his friends would go out to the clubs he would sit at home mixing records. His friends would always come back from partying and find Dmoney still on the decks. From there Dmoney stayed on his game getting better every weekend and by the time he made 18 he was ready to hit the club scene. He first played at Kenneys Key West in Fat City Nola. From there he went on to playing at clubs such as Escapades, Aqua, and eventually played at a party at the State Palace Theater. With his experience and knowledge of Spinning records he has established himself in the local scene in New Orleans. Dmoney has got a local residency at a New Orleans hotspot known for bringing in some big name Dj’s such as DocRoc, Magic Mike, Roonie G, Deekline, and Trashy are some of the Dj’s brought in. Just in the past year Dmoney has opened for headliners such as Stanton Warriors, Curtis B, Scratch D, Brad Smith, Dj Icey, Baby Anne, Lo IQ, Bro Safari, Sporty O, Styles and Complete, Thugli, and many more!!!

Now Dmoney has been playing at Southshore tavern for a few years Dmoney has also played on the gulf coast at Zeppelins!!! Dmoney has been playing regular shows around the city and along the gulf coast! Dmoney is always trying to better his talents and keep progressing as a Dj in the scene. Dmoney constantly pushing himself to do more with his skills and his shows. So make sure to check him out if you see him on the line-up for a show near you.



How was 2016 for you?

It was a good year for me cause I feel I have evolved into who I am as a producer. Ive done remixes for big artist and started working with other big name producers.

TRACK
FUNK SOUL
ORIGINAL 
Can you tell us what your favourite thing is about your  track?

I love the vocals “Funk, Soul and Rock n Roll “ and I enjoyed writing it with some great producers BBK and Shade K.

Can you tell us about new project you will be working on 2017?

I am currently working on something for Funky Flavor I have never attempted or really heard of anyone attempting but I am remixing 2 Colombo Originals into 1 remix!!!

Imagine yourself walking into the studio; please may you talk me through a typical day?

I usually sit at my desk and just listen to either what Ive already started or tracks that I like a few times while I get my head right and ready to start writing. Then Ill begin writing.


 What are your habits?  

I like to start from the beginning and write my track out to the end and then come back and delete or change what I don't care for or if its too much. Then go to eq it all and do my mix down before mastering.


How do you go about choosing what software and plug-ins you use?

I had Logic Pro X built in my Mac when I had it built to produce. A lot of the bigger producer talked highly of it also. For plugins I usually go with whats being recommended the most or whats gonna fit with what Im trying to accomplish.


What’s the one piece of DJ/production gear you can’t live without?
I would have to say my Komplete Kontrol 61 keyboard.

Any particular artists/dj’s/ producers that really influenced you?

I would say like a Stanton Warriors or Icey.

How’s the  music scene in this moment in your country?

The breaks scene is really a dying thing in the USA, but there are some places where its still alive and having events.

Often particular cities are linked to certain sounds and sub genres. Do you think living in your city is reflected in your music?

No not at all. I live in New Orleans and the music here is mostly hip-hop bounce or Trap or blues music.

Comments