Inside BB Awards 2016 - One day with BORKA FM - Interview


 interview N°10:BBA2016 -  BORKA FM - Hanover, Germany 
 All artists nominated in the Breakbeat Awards 2016


LINK TO VOTE:

How was 2016 for you?

In general 2016 was as long as every year … 
But I'm much more satisfied with all the  BREAKS“ within! There has been some releases that I'm really happy about. For example the collaborations with  Deep Garnet Records“ and my EP  Butterflies“. This shows my vision of the  new breaks order“!! My aim is and was to reinvent the breaks-music, to get it deeper, to open it to the house-public,  to reach more and more compliance in a bigger audience!

Jump Up Original Mix
Can you tell us what your favourite thing is about your new track?

As in every track of mine, I love most the way of its genesis. It was developed in a jam session with my good synthesizer-friends called  Prophet“,  Moog“ and  Gaia“ 
It can be regarded as the result of an inspirational feeling. And if you create music by following your emotions, combining it with actual moods, something special is always guaranteed. Through the track  Jump Up“ is flowing an amazing positive vibe from the beginning until the end. On top it fits as good with nuskool as it fits with oldskool – like a fusion of both. When I listen to it now I always remember exactly these feelings, these emotions, these moods which came along with me and my synthy-friends while jamming ❤. Also I have to thank all of my vocal-friends for spending me such powerful voices – in this case Joker and Julie. 

Can you tell us about new project you will be working on 2017?

I think 2017 will have as many days as every year too – and for that reason there are existing a lot of chances to surprise the breakbeat-scene... you can be certain that you will hear about me and new realeases soon.

Imagine yourself walking into the studio; please may you talk me through a typical day? What are you habits?

That's easy: When I leave my bed I enter my studio! Why? My studio is my living room and my living-room is next to the bedroom! 
A typical day: I leave my bed, cross the studio to brew a coffee in the kitchen, while brewing I clean up my synthesizer-friends, power-on the PC, then I reduce everything into a fluid state and allow full bent. In this way I go hands in hands with the music alldaylong.  It's a routine I'm already practicing since my early childhood: music is my life! But unfortunately I have to leave my little paradise to go to work, too 

How do you go about choosing what software and plug-ins you use?

I'm addictet to FL Studio since 1999 – on top I'm using a lot of plug-ins. Which one I choose depends on the effect I need. I love most of the fabfilter-plug-ins. In the field of software-synthesizers my favorite is FM8, but in general I create my sounds with my synthesizer-friends.


What’s the one piece of DJ/production gear you can’t live without?

There is living an extended production gear family in my studio and I'm lovin' all of them!


Any particular artists/dj’s/ producers that really influenced you?

Sure! There are many many many artists that influenced me – the laundry list of them is kind of  endless. In the 90s I started studying electronic music and shortly thereafter I began producing on my own. So many artits of this time influenced me – some less, some more. Just to give you an impression: DeeJay Punk- Roc's LP "Chicken Eye", especially the titel track "My Beatbox", Westbam's LP "We'll never stop living this way", Way Out West's EP "Blue", all of The Prodigy's LPs and many more. By the time I got in touch with several other music-styles which continue the list, including hiphop, bossanova and jazz. If there will be ever an end of the list? I don't think so. I like being influenced, getting in touch with new music and never want to stop developing my own style!

How’s the  music scene in this moment in your country?

I think in Germany most of the people are listening to house- and techno-music. There are also small groups which prefer other styles like drum'n'bass, hip-hop and so on. But unfortunately our breaks-scene has  broken“. Some years ago we had some really great parties - also next to my hometown Hannover - but today this kind of music nearly disappeared from the dancefloor. It's pity!

Comments