Inside BB Awards 2016 - One day with Groove Mind- Interview

 interview N°11:BBA2016 -  Groove Mind - Italy
 All artists nominated in the Breakbeat Awards 2016


LINK TO VOTE:

How was 2016 for you?

2016 was a busy year, I spent a lot of time in the studio
I have produced 2 ep and 2 singles, plus a few remixes and freebie


Bring That Funk Back Original Mix
Can you tell us what your favourite thing is about your  track?

my favorite thing I think is the bassline, that is simple but good for dancing


Can you tell us about new project you will be working on 2017?

in 2017 I'm working on many collaborations with other producers around the world


Imagine yourself walking into the studio; please may you talk me through a typical day? What are your habits?

I usually go in the morning study, listen to what I did the day before and start to work, usually all day doing various breaks

How do you go about choosing what software and plug-ins you use?

I personally do not use thousands of vst, I prefer to take a few, and exploit them to 100%. I choose them based on the features I need and I do not find already in the native ones

What’s the one piece of DJ/production gear you can’t live without?

Ableton Live

Any particular artists/dj’s/ producers that really influenced you?

Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Quantic, Daft Punk, Afrika Bambaataa, Stickybuds, Featurecast, Slynk, jPod

How’s the  music scene in this moment in your country?

In Italy genres such as house and techno have a monopoly, the genres that I do are still little known

Often particular cities are linked to certain sounds and sub genres. Do you think living in your city is reflected in your music?

more than the city I think is the nature that surrounds me influences my music, the sun and the sea greatly affect your mood

Comments