Inside BBS Awards - One day with Dj Losman - Interview



In Conversation with Dj LOSMAN
Orlando - Florida



Founder at EDM Syndicate

INTERVIEW:

BBS AWARDS 2019 

Hello and welcome to BBS AWARDS 2019. 
Today I have been joined by amazing DJ and producer DJ Losman. 

Hi! Nice to have you here in BBS Awards.


what are some words you would use to describe this year (2019)?
LOSMAN : Groundbreaking !
It was is definitely turning out to be a fantastic year. Getting invited to release on some extraordinary labels and spin alongside some true Legends.


Losman - Higher Quad Storm
LOSMAN : it was fun reworking this classic club anthem. I never expected to release it but my good friends at YoungNRG had other plans for it!

Can you tell us what you like best about your track?
LOSMAN : what I like most is every single time I’ve played it in a club, it gets the crowd going and it goes over well. I always envisioned the track in my head and finally got it the way I wanted. I love spinning it and I’m proud of what I did to it. 

Can you tell us about the new project you will be working on in 2019?
LOSMAN : lately I’ve been working on new original content for the electronic band ‘Prophecy’ . I’m very proud & humbled to have been asked to be part of the team. I’m always pushing EDM Syndicate and Houz of Breaks. And I recently just sent another track to DEDR (DogEatDogRecords) and I am currently collaborating on a track with Si-Dog .

Imagine walking inside the studio; please, can you speak to me through a typical day? What are your habits?
LOSMAN : whatever I have in my mind, I really try to write a song out the best way I envisioned.
On the DJ side of things .. I really enjoy mixing it up on 4 decks with the likes of G-Force and Phunky Phin.


Are you an avid believer of learning an instrument?
What is the only piece of DJ / production equipment that you can not live with?
LOSMAN : production, I am addicted to Ableton.
DJing.. I still love the feel
of mixing on wax. CDJs, Controller, Turntables, I enjoy them all.

So what are your thoughts on technology aiding the technique of DJing?
LOSMAN : I’m fine with it.
When I started DJing I’m the mid-90’s everyone wasn’t a DJ.
Now it’s almost hard to find someone that isn’t one.

Any artists / DJs / producers, in particular, that really influenced you?
LOSMAN : I’ve always been a huge fan of Dave Noller (Dynamix ll), Kimball Collins, Icey, DJ Soul, and the past decade or so I’ve really been influenced by Promotors believe it or not. People like Mauricio (Prophecy & Prismatic Era) , Ira Mazor (Mazor Promotions), Glyn Morgan (FSOB) , Shaun Kerr, Tool time have all really been influential to me more then they’d ever realized. 

What is the music scene like at this moment in your country?
LOSMAN : it’s making a great comeback in Central Florida because of names like the ones I mentioned above !!

Often, certain cities are related to certain sounds and subgenres. Do you think that living in your city is reflected in your music?
LOSMAN: Absolutely!
Thanks for the interview Stex.
Keep doing what you do and I’ll be looking forward to seeing if any of my 2019 accomplishments reached any nominations for the BBS awards.



LINK:


Comments